Thursday, November 1, 2007
Well Now
I got into UIA.
--WHA??
Heck yeah! I totally thought this UIA thing was over, but then I still couldn't believe it when my grandmother called me up 2 days ago, yelling "YOU GOT IT, MIERA, YOU GOT IN!!" while I was half-awoken from slumber (she called me about 15 times during my beauty-ass sleep when I finally rose from unconsciousness).
All I could come up with at that particular time was how degrading it is to achieve something under government influences by just pull some strings and actually succeed doing so. And what happens to all your blood, sweat and tears poured into the work that you did as you're told to do? Basically, nothing. And that's just how our government system works today.
Pitiful, yes. Therefore I'm not exactly too thrilled, but I'm not being a total anti about it either. How can I be grateful of an achievement that wasn't resulted from my hard work? Then again, it wasn't my idea and I don't really know whether I owe one to the adults. And I thought I was the one moving on.
Ah, being Malaysian that I am, I shall let it go and be happy with what I have. Bring in the cake, baby.
So now basically I've finished filling up the forms (with the same details repeatedly), and sending my baju kurungs (traditional Malay women clothing which have to be worn at all times in the uni) for mending/alteration, as they're just too big now coz I lost a wee bit of weight. Eheh. But seriously if I were to wear them, I'd be looking as if I'm wearing colourful, flowery tents. Ugh.
Registration would be on the 17th. My campus would be in Nilai, Negeri Sembilan--in case you didn't know whether it's in or out of Selangor. I first thought Nilai was near the borders, haha. Ignorant that I am. Tsk tsk.
So this time around, I need to prepare myself mentally and, uh, spiritually? 'Cause this beginning of a journey is gonna be sumthin' else. Hmm...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment