Monday, October 8, 2007

Hari Raya A-comin


Hmm. I'm not that excited to celebrate Hari Raya back at my kampung; our place in Alor Setar has its own perpetual yearly drama every time I go back for Raya. Mainly the women's side of the family. And Pops and I will be the ones who will have our ears 'sizzling' (having to hear the narration of all these drama. Believe me, it's not exactly pleasant). Besides us with the pity, I pity my ol' Grandpa too. Poor ol' Tok Aki.

But I honestly can't wait to spend time at my half-sister's house, which somehow to me has a more kampung feel to it--having a river right behind
the part-woody houses. I had a blast the last time I had a sleepover there with the kids climbing all over me (unlike some people my age, I like kids), the kampung-style barbecue (a bit like char-grilled), the donning of inai (henna) on my hands and feet by the girls, the playtimes, the hangouts, the stories, the laughter... I cherish those moments forever in my heart.

It's completely different compared to my own place, since it's near the main town. Doesn't have that kampung vibe as it is.

I'm gonna stay at my aunt's new home this Raya, who I'm told has a huge stretch of land which can be used to rear horses if possible. Now that I'm looking forward to. And my cute lil cousin who will be my loyal comrade in plotting various executions to annoy my sister terribly.

I'm guessing Raya this year ain't gonna be so bad after all.

PS: Going back soon. So to everyone, Selamat Hari Raya! XD

1 comment:

  1. Nice Blog .. chanced upon it as i was looking for felllow bikers..keep it up

    ReplyDelete