Monday, October 1, 2007

Revised and Cleared


Aha. So here it is, my appeal letter to UIA that I already gave in. Two things I learned from this letter: 1) I despise formalities, 2) I despise formal letters.

Note: blablabla -- former writing; [blablabla] -- mom's edit

(To Deputy Dean)

APPEAL FOR ADMISSION

I, [Amierah binti Amer], am a former student of The One Academy of Communication Design, Petaling Jaya who has recently withdrawn from the Academy after attending their Foundation Programme course for a year. I am writing to appeal [for your kind] consideration for [my] admission to the Human Sciences Programme at the Centre for Foundation Studies, International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM).

After much thought and re-evaluation based on my studying experiences, I personally discovered that visual communication was not my predominant intellectual strength towards preparing for my future career. I have significantly witnessed [Evidently I recognised] my full potential in literary and communicative proficiency over visual and applied art skills throughout my prior studies, thus my decision to withdraw was deemed necessary. It was also during this observation process that I become aware of my ever-increasing interest in history, anthropology, philosophy and religious studies, especially Islam [in Islamic magnificence].


After speaking to friends and seniors from [your] University, reading the information leaflet and researching the University website, I realise that IIUM offers what I hope to gain for my personal and professional interest. At this point, I am focusing on obtaining a Communication Degree and the Human Sciences Programme at the Centre for Foundation Studies, IIUM clearly emerged as the best foundation course for me in preparation for entrance to the Bachelor of Human Sciences (Communication) programme, [also] offered by your University. I am drawn immediately to the Communication Programme course structure which matches the area of studies that I wish to pursue; the interconnection of anthropology, communication, literature and performance studies from Western and Islamic perspectives. Through this department, I plan to further explore these subjects by integrating Islamic studies with the field of communicative analysis.

I feel such relief and gratitude knowing that I [Alhamdulillah, it is so encouraging to] have found my true calling and I am eager to begin this new educational phase. Over the past year I have achieved a higher sense of maturity towards self-evaluation, education and surroundings [cognition] during my experiences in college and I believe this benefits me. [I am certain this is an added advantage] in pursuing my studies to the next level in the Centre for Foundation Studies, IIUM. My commitment to my education is stronger now and if admitted, I truly believe [I am confident] that I will achieve my full potential. I will also strive to perform successfully in [accomplish my objective at] the Centre and will derive all the beneficial [valuable] knowledge, skills and experience needed to build a solid foundation upon entering IIUM.

(Attachments included; sweet stuff of formal letter ending; thank yous. And don't forget to reply. Thanks.)


Copyright © by Amierah Amer. For reference ONLY. Say please before use. Steal and I'll crispify your arse straight to flaming hell.


No comments:

Post a Comment